Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Day #29 - Received At Riches

I had coffee today with a good pastor friend. As we ordered our java, I decided to hand the barista a tract. Now, it may seem funny, but this was more difficult than usual. Why? Because, as I've mentioned before, I use Riches Bagels as my "second office" and the employees there see me all the time. I've found (right or wrong) that it is much easier to hand a tract to a complete stranger than to someone who "knows" you.

Regardless, I mustered my courage, and put my business card on the outside of the tract and said, "Have I given you one of these yet? I am a pastor at The Rock church and this tells you how you can know about Jesus. I like to give one out to someone every day." I handed her the card and tract and waited.

She looked it over, smiled, and said, "Oh, thank you. I've heard of the Rock Church. I will read it."

One cool thing is that after that interaction, I noticed she became more attentive and animated around my pastor buddy and me. She even made a point of smiling and saying goodbye to us when her shift was over and she was heading out the door.

I'm glad I pushed my flesh and I trust God will use that gospel tract to take her one step closer to heaven.

No comments: