Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Day #28 - If You Pray, They Will Come

I prayed on the way to church yesterday morning that I would have an opportunity to share the gospel, or a tract.

I got my opportunity after the second service when a young couple brought a friend of theirs, a young woman named Samantha (not her real name) to meet me. Samantha had been to The Rock four times, and this sweet couple was simply loving on her and following her up. She told me that she loved The Rock even though she was a lifelong member of the LDS church. It turns out she is currently going through a divorce and her brother recently died. She is looking for answers, and said she talked to three Bishops about the afterlife and all three gave her different answers. Frustrated, she talked to friends who recommended The Rock church.

Samantha has found Christians that love her and empathize with her. She says her family and old church friends will have nothing to do with her, even during this extremely emotionally tough time. Why? Because she attends The Rock - a cult, she is told by her family and friends. Can you believe that?! My goodness, that breaks my heart. But Samantha knows better. Her eyes have been opened, and God is working on her heart.

I asked Samantha and her friends - the Christian couple who introduced us - if they would watch a DVD that explains from the Bible how she can know for sure she could go to heaven. She agreed and I got her a copy of the Diagram DVD. I also gave her my card and told her to contact me after watching it.

Pray for Samantha - that she finds comfort and salvation from Him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

No comments: