Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day #32 - Sharing Hope To The Hurting

Today I had the opportunity to help out a family in our church by officiating at their aunt’s funeral up in Clearfield. It was a great opportunity to serve those who are hurting and looking for answers. I didn't know the woman who had died, but they didn't have a pastor so I gladly accepted. In fact, I didn't know much about her spiritual journey either, but found out she had been raised LDS, but hadn't attended anywhere for a long time. She was actually planning on coming to the Rock for the past few weeks, but health issues kept her away.

I got to know the now-widowed husband, the daughter and many family members before the service began. Once the service started I was able to share about the hope we have in Christ. I shared, "I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Sarah (not real name), but I do know the God who loved her deeply." I took time to share the joy and the hope we can have if we place our faith in the risen savior. I talked about the need to have our sins forgiven, and that Jesus wants a relationship with us - not just a religious experience.

I prayed for those who didn't know Christ, to come to a saving knowledge of him, and find the only hope that can save them eternally.

After the service, I had a few people thank me. Actually the widowed husband came up to me and told me he thought it was a lovely service. We talked for a while, and before he left I said, "Charles (again, no real name), I'd like to give you something. It tells how you can know for sure that you are going to heaven. It also has my business card in case you need to get hold of me. I will be praying for you during this difficult time in your life."

Charles tucked the tract and card in his pocket, shook my hand, thanked me and continued greeting more friends.

Pray that the words I spoke and the gospel that went out would have its desired effect - bringing people one step closer to Jesus - the Resurrection and the Life!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Thank you for being bold in sharing the gospel. I am praying that there will be much fruit from all of the seeds you are planting.