Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day #34 - Arbys Opportunity

Yesterday after church I had my monthly Band of Brothers accountability meeting with a few of my dear brothers. We have two groups (totally about 17 guys) that meet on the first Sunday of every month. We all typically meet at the Arbys  in Sandy for lunch, discussion and prayer.

After I ordered my meal, I inquired about my cashier's name - it was an interesting one (even though for the life of me I can't remember it now! ;-)). After paying for the meal, I handed him a tract and my card (with my buddy Tim Stephens standing beside me). I said, "I'm a pastor at The Rock Church. All these guys in your restaurant go to The Rock as well. I'd like to give you this and let you know how you can know for sure you are going to heaven."

He seemed genuinely interested, and Tim followed up with his order by encouraging him to check out The Rock. After lunch I enjoyed watching the Superbowl with my family. Just like the Bible - in the end, the Saints win.

1 comment:

Tim said...

It was very encouraging to see you in action. You have inspired me to share my faith more often. By the way, I think the young man's name was Kendall:)