Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day #37 - Mc-Rejected

On my day off yesterday, I took Stephen to the eye doctor for a checkup. He came back with a great bill of health, so I offered to buy him a treat at McDonalds. Stephen smiled and astutely added, "And to pass out a tract, right?" He totally nailed me! ;-)

As I paid the young Mc-money taker through the drive up window, I handed him a tract and my card and said, "I go to The Rock Church and love to tell people how they can go to heaven."

The young man put up both hands, as if to protect himself and said, "No, no. I don't do religion, man." I pressed him a little, but eventually said, "OK, God bless!" and drove to the pickup window. The nice young lady handing me my shake took my tract without hesitation saying "Thanks!"

On the way home Stephen suggested, "You probably should have told him, 'The Rock isn't about religion - it's about relationship'." Amen - in fact, that's exactly what my business card says on the front - I just didn't think fast enough. Next time I'll be Mc-prepared! ;-)

1 comment:

Andrew Meyer said...

Oh I love that! Kids are great when they see the obvious that we fail to see. Really encouraging blog. I'm thinking about doing the same and encouraging some friends to join with me in it.