Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day #35 - Turned Down at Target! ;-)

After a trip to the library with Mary and the younger boys, we stopped by Target for some Valentine's shopping.

At the checkout I offered the gal a tract, but got soundly rejected. I desperately offered it to the bag boy, who follow the example of his checker friend and turned it down too. That's only the second (and third) time I've been turned down in 34 attempts - not bad.

On the way to the car, Jonathan asked me, "Were you embarrassed that she didn't take the tract?" I told him, "No. I can only offer it - people have to choose if they want to take it or not."

So, off we went to a MacDonalds drive through - McNuggets for the boys, and a tract for the nice(er) Mc-money-taker. Third time was a charm tonight, she took it and actually said, "I've seen The Rock - it looks like a cool church." Amen! Thank you, Lord, for second (and third) chances!

3 comments:

RissaRoo said...

This brings to mind Romans 1:6..."I am not ashamed of the Gospel..." Amen! Thanks for the reminder to keep on trying.

Paul said...

Don't forget those library folks. They are in special need of Christ.

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.