Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day #40 - Rewarded at Reams

Well, I finished off my forty days of sharing with a purchase of a pack of gum from Reams. It seems fitting to end the way I started! ;-)

I handed the young attendant a tract with my card saying, "Here's something for you. I go to The Rock Church and I like to tell people about how they can go to heaven." She seemed genuinely surprised and at a loss for words. She finally mustered a weak, "OK."

I walked out thanking God for the opportunity to be challenged in sharing my faith for the past forty days. I passed out at least fifty tracts, made numerous invitations to church, and witnessed about Jesus to dozens of people. In all, my faith was strengthened as was the faith of many around me. God's purposes prevailed. As it says in Isaiah 55:10-11:


As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Amen! Thanks for joining me on this journey. I may have more to say in summary in the future, but for now, God bless!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Well done, good and faithful servant! Yeah!! Mary

Tim said...

Great job Bill. I knew that you would finish what you started. I'm praying that there will be much fruit through the seeds that you have planted.

JeanneMac said...

What I want to know, Bill, is how much weight did you gain over the past 40 days?...McDonalds, Arbys, Carls Jrs., Riches...way to take it for the Gospel :-)

You're an inspiration in faith and perseverance! Love you, brother!
Jeanne