Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day #27 - Ordained Opportunity

As always, on the way to our TRC church service last night, I prayed with my boys that God would give me an opportunity to share the gospel with someone. Last night after the service, I got my chance.

I was standing in the back lounge by the kids area when a man in a tie-dye Bob Marley T-shirt came up to me and told me he thought I did a great job with my message. His name is Clay and he told me a bit of his rough and sad story. He had come to church with a friend of his named Patricia. Clay and “Trish” had both had dear friends die in the past week. I deduced that she was a believer but he probably wasn’t. Clay told me he wasn’t religious at all, but was a peace with what he believed about God –that he’s some kind of a spirit and as long as you live a good life, everything is cool.

Clay mentioned that he only comes to church because Trish asked him to. BUT, he informed me enthusiastically, that he loved the message and was hanging on my every word tonight (his own words). He was very sincere.

I asked him if I could give him something that I think would help him understand God. He said “Sure.” I handed him a tract and actually thumbed through it with him, explaining how he could know God personally. He listened as I said, “Clay, God isn’t interested so much in religion – Jesus didn’t come to start a church –he came to have a personal relationship with you.” We talked some more, he said he would read it. I prayed for him and Trish and then asked them to pick up a “Diagram” DVD on the way out. They said they would be back.

God answered my prayer last night. Pray that God speaks to Clay in a very personal way.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Praying for Clay right now.