Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Day #5 - Rite Aide and the Game of LIFE!

This morning I had another coffee appointment at my "second office", that is, Riches Bagels. After saying goodbye to my friend, I strolled down to a Rite Aid store a few stores down (it's a strip mall). I went in, and bought - not gum - but something more practical: an accordion file for my 2010 receipts. The store was pretty empty, so I waited at the checkout line for a minute or two until a woman named "Belene" started cashing me out. I pulled my money and my tract out, ready for action.

I inquired about her name, and she told me with a smile, "Well, my mom liked it!" After paying, she handed me my receipt and some change and cheerfully asked me, "Are you playing the Game of Life with us?" It turns out Rite Aid stores have a new game that customers can play, similar to the McDonald's Monopoly game. "You can win instantly" she proclaimed.

I responded, "Well, I'm playing the game of life, but not with you guys!” She smiled and happily explained to me the game rules, then handed me my game piece.

I took them, looked her in the eye. "Belene," I said, "Here's the game of life I'm playing - it talks about how Jesus Christ has changed my life.” She took my tract, smiled and said "Oh, thank you."

Out the door I went. Hopefully Belene will "win" at the real game of life.

No comments: