Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day #26 - Ultimate Valentine

Last night, Mary and I took our two younger boys out to a restaurant for fun (the older ones were leading worship in Provo). We also had a coupon that Timothy earned from school for excellent work! We all had a blast together.

Mary noticed right away that our waitress, Shannon, had very pretty pink and red decorated nails. My sweet wife engaged in conversation with her and told her how beautiful she thought her nails were. Shannon lit up and said playfully “It’s for Valentines - even though I don’t have a special ‘someone’" She half-joked that she hoped her nails would help her get someone.

After dinner, I got out my tract ready to give it to her and my wife suggested what I should say as I offered her the gospel. I said, "Shannon, I've got something here that is better than any Valentine you could ever get. It talks about how Jesus has changed our lives. We go to the Rock Church and love to tell people about Jesus."

She looked it over, smiled and said, "Oh, thank you." My wife chimed in, "And, you were a wonderful waitress!"

Shannon laughed and said, "Maybe you could tell my supervisor on the way out" ... which we did.

Pray that Shannon comes to church and meets the One who loves her more than life itself - Jesus!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so encouraged by you and loved getting to be with you when you passed out your tract! Mary