Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day #25 - Famous Daves & Jesus Saves

I had my monthly meeting with a great group of pastors this morning for prayer and accountability. Also for lunch!

We tend to head over to Famous Daves BBQ after our times together - it's kind of tradition.

These men know about my "Forty Days of Sharing" and were anticipating me handing out a tract - which I did as soon as our waitress handed us our bill.

As has become my custom, I simply handed her a tract  and said, "I'd like to give you something to read. It talks about how Jesus has changed my life. We are all pastors here and we  love telling people about it."

She looked at it for a second and asked, "Is this a Christian church?" We all chimed in to the affirmative, and assured her we were indeed Bible believing Christians.

She exclaimed, "I'm a Christian!"

"Where do you go to church?" one of my buddies asked. She responded, "I really haven't gone since we've been in town (6 years!), but my kids are getting older and we would like to find one." We encouraged her to do just that, even though she was moving in the next month or so.

So, there you have it. BBQ for Jesus!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Keep up the good work! I'm so encouraged by your daily displays of faith :-)

Mary