Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Day #19 - Rock-n-Reams

After dropping Joseph off at school, I stopped in at the local Reams grocery store to pass out my tract for the day... and buy some gum. ;-) The store was dead.

The checker woman and a "bagger" guy were standing there talking - and looking bored - as I paid for my gum. After getting my change I handed the lady a tract and said, "I'd like to give you something. I go to The Rock Church and I like to tell people about this." She looked puzzled. The bagger kid looked nervous. She awkwardly flipped through the pages, then looked at me and said, "Thanks. I'll read it." I said, "OK" and started to leave without taking my gum. She called me back and handed me my purchase with a smile.

I have the feeling that those two Reams employees would now have something to talk about!

I've been putting my business card in each tract . My cards have all the information about each Rock church service on the back. Hopefully some of these folks will show up at church. Pray that they do.

2 comments:

Elliott Family said...

Bill I love your Blog! You are such a great example. You are a funny guy, it makes me laugh everytime you mention your "cheap" item you bought. Keep them coming! This inspires me to try something like this, Thank you!

its all gonna burn said...

thanks bill, this is great!