Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day #21 - Hotel Hand Out

I take it back - Chicago IS windy!

It's been raining most of the night and also today. It stopped for a while, so I took a prayer walk around the hotel area. Not much to see, but since it's relatively warm (44 degrees), it felt good to breath fresh, clean Midwest air.

When I returned to my hotel, I stopped by the gift shop and bought a juice. There was one older woman doing a crossword puzzle manning the very un-busy counter. After paying, I thanked her and handed her a tract. I said, "I'd like to give you something to read. I'm a Christian and I like telling people about how Jesus has changed my life." She looked confused at first, but after looking at the tract, she lit up, smiled and said, "Oh, that's nice. I will read it!" I smiled and told her goodbye.

Back to my room for some more time with the Lord. I like to periodically get away like this to just spend time with my Savior. It helps me get grounded and a fresh perspective on life, family and ministry. I'm thankful to be able to tag on a couple extra days during this trip for that purpose.

It's supposed to get cold the next few days - and that probably means snow. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Way to be faithful even when not in Utah! We miss you and are praying for you...I knew you'd find a way to hand out a tract while away :-) Mary

RissaRoo said...

Bill, what a great idea! We're enjoying following your blog and praying for you and for each of the people who you've shared with. Can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings!