Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day #23 - Eternal Tips

I've had a busy day of meetings - all day (it's 9:53 PM) ... but got a chance to hand our waitress a tract this morning after she delivered our complimentary eggs & bacon breakfast.

I said, "Here's something for you to read - it talks about how Jesus has changed my life." She seemed a bit taken back, but quickly composed herself and thanked me for the gift.

She was very attentive the rest of our meal and we gave her a good tip. But, not as good as the eternal tip she got earlier - a tip that can save her soul from death. Only Jesus tips like that. Amen!

Off to bed - I'm tired. Back to Utah tomorrow! Yee ha!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Bill,
Thanks for updating your blog even when you are tired. Many of us look forward to reading it. After reading 23 day's worth of your "sharing adventures" it's hard not to get convicted though:) When I pray for you, I often ask God to make me more like you. Well this morning he clearly put it on my heart that if I wanted to be more like you, I should act more like you do. So I followed your example today. I always keep a supply of "Do You Know For Certain" tracts in my car (apparently for when someone comes up and begs me for one, because I sure haven't been offering them to anyone lately), but today, as I picked up my food at the McDonald's drive up window, I thought of you, and handed one to the lady and told her how Jesus changed my life. She read the cover, then looked back at me, gave me a big smile and thanked me. Thanks for being such a great example to us. I love you brother.

Hayden said...

Hey Bill,
I'm very encouraged by your actions, and for making this blog! It makes me want to start leaving tracts with all my tips wherever I eat! I hope your trip is a good one, see you soon.