Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day #20 - Half way in Chicago!

Greetings from the Windy City. Actually, I think Salt Lake has more wind than Chicago - at least today.

I'm half way through my "Forty Days" challenge, and more than doubly encouraged (I sound like Bilbo Baggins) ;-)

I started my trip by handing the Cini-Bun gal a tract after ordering coffee at Salt Lake International airport. She paused and flipped through the tract - even ignoring other customers as she read it, then said, "thanks!"

After arriving in Chicago for some National Leadership Council meetings (GCC), I got lost at O'Hare trying to find my hotel shuttle bus. Finally, after asking a classically Chicago-Transit-type officer, I found my way to the right floor. I went out the first door I saw, and immediately spotted my shuttle bus less that 25 feet away! I noticed the driver peeking his head out the door as if to say, "Last call!" I caught his eye, and therefore, caught the bus!

I was the only one in the bus and the driver said, “Good timing - I was about to leave." I replied cheerfully (and full of conviction) "God is good!" He replied with a laugh, "Yes, God is good - AND you had good timing." We talked football all the way to our stop. When we got to the hotel, I handed him a tip and a tract and told him "Here's something for you to read." He seemed very thankful. Now, I'm checked in and ready for God to speak to my heart. Pray for me.

More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I am SO encouraged by you and knew you'd find people to give tracts to on your trip...Cinnabons for the Lord :-) I'll be praying for your time away! Mary