Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day #11 - Tesoro: Take two!

On my way to a pastors prayer meeting this morning, I decided to stop at the same Tesoro gas station I tried passing out a tract to on day #1. Remember - the guy said "No thanks!"  Fortunately, there was a new guy working - even though he looked just as unhappy as his co-worker did 11 days ago.

I paid for some coffee, smiled, read his name tag and said, "Rick, here's something for you to read, I think you'll like it." He scowled, picked it up and turned it over, scanning the back page. I was headed out the door by the time I heard him mumble "OK."  I think those guys at Tesoro need some good news - hopefully Rick took time to read about the hope he can have in Jesus today.

FYI - I just looked online to find out that "Tesoro" means "Treasure". Hmmm, I hope the truth in that tract becomes a treasure welling up to eternal life for Rick.

No comments: