Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day #9 - Christian Coffee Lady

It's Tuesday, 2:00 PM and I am finally home to start "working"! ;-) I've been starting each day this week by taking my oldest boy to his drivers-ed course at 4:55 AM each morning. Then I had staff meeting from 7-11:30 AM, followed by a lunch meeting with a sweet couple thinking of planting a church from Las Vegas. I told them I think that it's a great idea (and meant it!) ;-)

Driving home after lunch, I realized I hadn't passed out a tract yet. So, I stopped at Albertsons and went to their coffee bar. I ordered a small regular coffee with room for cream, and put a tip in the jar. I made small talk with the nice lady working the counter and after getting my receipt handed her a "Do You Know For Certain" gospel tract. I looked at her and said, "Now I'd like to give you something that is very important to me. It talks about how Jesus changes lives." She immediately opened it up and started reading it and said, "So, what kind of church are you from?" I told her, "a Christian Bible church."

She smiled and pulled out her thin gold necklace to reveal a cross. She smiled a knowing smile. I asked, "So you know what I'm talking about?" She said cheerfully, "Yes, I do! I go to Christ Lutheran Church on 5600 South." We chatted for a while, and she told me about a few people she knew who attend the Rock. It was nice to meet another Christian who appreciated my effort to spread the Good News.

Coffee: $1.06. Tip: .94 cents. Opportunity to witness: Priceless!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Keep up the good work!
Mary

Tim said...

I'm sure you were busy today, and that you will catch up, but now that I'm hooked, I look forward to reading your blog everyday. I was bummed to not find an update for day 10. No worries...that just means we'll get two tomorrow:)

Love you brother.