Welcome to my journey! Forty Days of Sharing.

I have recently been convicted by God that I need to be sharing my faith more. As I've spent time on my tread mill praying, I've sensed God has wanted to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. So, hang on to you gospel tracts, here we go!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Day #15 - His riches at Riches

Riches Bagels is my second office. I have met people there for years. I actually have my "favorite" seat - and it bums me out when someone else has the nerve to be sitting in "my" seat when I arrive. We are such creatures of habit!

Today I met a new church planter named Ken who wanted to pick my brain on planting churches in Utah. He is a stellar guy and we had a wonderful talk. He will be planting on the West side - probably in Harriman.

After our talk I had to stir up my courage, because, instead of giving a tract to a complete stranger, I was about to hand one to the Riches Bagel worker who I see all the time when I meet people there. It's always tougher to step out in faith when the person rejecting you may be the one serving you coffee for years to come!  Oh well, here goes nothing.

I went up for a free re-fill and as she handed me my hot java, I said, "Hey, I go to the Rock Church, and I'd like to give you this. It talks about how Jesus has changed my life and I like to let people know that."

She smiled and said, "I've seen the sign for the Rock church. Thank you."

So, there you go. Making known the riches of Christ at Riches Bagels.

"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Colossians 1:27 NIV)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Keep up the GREAT work, I'm so proud of you! Mary

Mary said...

Keep up the great work, honey -- I'm so proud of you!
mary